Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Gandhi


What a powerful statement. So often we feel frustrated with how things are in the world around us. We see cruelty and unfairness on the news. We may even feel powerless in our lives. We are witness to so much that is beyond our control. But if we take a closer look, closer to home and to ourselves, we can see that changes in each of us can make a difference. All it takes is a slight change in perspective. A shift of just a few degrees can chart a whole new adventure in a new direction. I believe it all starts with our thoughts. Our thoughts and beliefs become our actions. Our actions show the world our character. Positive thinking and a heart full of gratitude can change your mood, lift your spirits and promote a healthy body. If you change your mind, you can change not only yourself, but the world around you. Together we can make a difference. One thought at a time.
This inspirational quote by Gandhi inspired me to create a handmade greeting card with this quote as the focal point. I used different specialty papers, ribbon and pearl brads. I incorporated my love of sewing and machine stitched the card. This card is a reminder to me that I can make a difference in the world with my art, starting with my thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. beautifully spoken. So true so true. Every thought does have power. Every negative thing we do or say is forever out there, that energy never dies. That is why even those who aren't affected by the economy right now, are still affected by it. Because there is SOOO much pain and suffering right now that it is impossible not to feel it. Hasn't everyones heart hurt just a little more the past few years? Sure I'm affected by the economy it,but heck I've always been poor, and things have never been the easy road. They typically aren't for an artist. LOL. So this is nothing new to me.

    So why do I feel it so much now? Because our nation is in pain. Because there is so much more tension and anxiety, negative energy just surrounding us. All those THOUGHTS.

    SO I agree completely with you. We must change ourselves. Think positive. About ourselves, our loved ones, our situations, the people around us, even the ones we don't care so much for. We must tip the balance. If the negative thoughts aren't going anywhere then we must have 2 positive thoughts for every negative one. We must flood our world with positive thoughts. I think its the only way to heal ourselves, this nation, our world. As you said, one thought at at time can change the world.

    You are so totally right. I love you shared this bit of hope and wisdom with us. Gandhi was a beautiful spirit that really was beyond our world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing and posting the first comment! I do believe our actions create a ripple effect. It can even begin on a small scale. One person, one thought at a time!

    ReplyDelete